· Folklore has it that during the Vernal Equinox you can stand an uncooked egg on its end and it won’t fall over. Perhaps Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall at the wrong time of year!
· For many of us, spring cleaning is an annual occurrence. Did you know that pagan tradition believed that spring cleaning brought good energy into their homes? The catch is that the scrubbing had to be done in a clockwise direction. That means “wax on” but no “wax off”!
· Ancient civilizations created markers, such as Stonehenge, to measure the changing seasons. Imagine changing that calendar every year!
· Native Americans referred to March’s full moon as the “Full Worm Moon”. It is around this time that worms can be observed surfacing from below the soil (and birds circling overhead).
· If you were to stand on the equator during the Vernal Equinox, you could watch the sun pass directly overhead. Don’t forget your sunglasses!
· Even though clocks throughout the world reflect the various time zones, the Vernal Equinox happens worldwide at the same moment.
· The word Vernal means relating to or occurring in the spring and Equinox means equal night in Latin.
· It’s common knowledge that birds migrate north as the weather warms, but did you know that they migrate along the path of the sun?
· Spring has long been associated with rebirth and life across different cultures throughout history, so it’s easy to understand why rabbits and eggs and more notably the Easter Bunny are also associated with the Vernal Equinox and spring.
· Pope Gregory XIII found the Vernal Equinox a bit of an inconvenience because based on the calendars of the day, every 128 years the official start of spring would come a day earlier, eventually putting Easter in mid-winter! Thus the Gregorian calendar was created, which most of the world uses today.
- Wear your sunglasses when ever you step outdoors!
Save of the best ‘fitsover’ sunglasses – Solar Shield sunglasses for Eyeglass-wearers. Specifically designed to fit OVER your eyeglasses. Sporty, fashionable and cool new styles.
GET 30% OFF WITH CODE: BLOG30 on www.solarshield.com